Pages

Monday 27 January 2014

Falling out of love with Glossybox?

January 2014 Glossybox


I'm wavering on the brink......

I fear my love affair with Glossybox may be over......

But each time I think; that's it, we're over, it's finished, I'm a sucker and I come back for more......

I signed up, probably like many of you, to a beauty subscription box as I wanted to experience new launches and high end sample products. Quite often Glossybox bring home the bacon and I'm thrilled but January just had me thinking..........Vaseline???? Really?

I, like many subscribers this month, have been disappointed with Glossybox's first offering for a new year. OK, hands up I really like Anatomicals and Balance Me, but I've had them ALOT in previous boxes and it just ain't enough to win me over. (I don't think).

So my question is, how do you feel about Subscription Boxes? And are there any out there that you really think would be a good alternative? I'm open to suggestions!

8 comments:

  1. I gave up glossybox a very long time ago! The ones I think are consistently good are YOU Beauty Discovery, Souk Souk (although I didn't love this month's box!) and Love Lula x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, I think I will look at other options or maybe just give it a miss for a while and put the money towards something I REALLY want x

      Delete
  2. I too gave up on Glossybox a while ago Kay - I think they need to pull their finger out if they want to keep customers. As for other boxes, I'm no expert but the Love Me Beauty Box looks ok x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quite liked my box this month because I've gotten use out of everything. I think the problem is they've started to deviate quite far from what they promised originally. It was a service for luxury products, but now they seem to be focusing on luxury less and less. I kind of think they should ditch the little magazine that they've started including and focus on the contents a little more because they're definitely being outdone at the moment.

    With that being said though, I have no idea about the logistics of putting together the boxes each month. When I really think about it, it must be a total nightmare!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Jennie, at least Glossybox kept some of their subscribers happy! I totally agree with you, they have definitely deviated from their original promise. Guess it was just too good to be true and they couldn't keep it up, after all many a subscription box has already fallen by the wayside x

      Delete
  4. i like when they give me products i've never heard of to try. but if i get another lip balm...seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried Glossybox but I've tried a couple different boxes and I didn't care for either of them.

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!