Pages

Monday 22 October 2012

Glossybox October 2012 Review

Ok, I know that Glossybox has been done to death out there in the bloggersphere but I've not done a post on it yet, so here's my tuppence worth.


Glossybox this month is a DIY beauty with a donation from each box going towards Breast Cancer Care.

I'm not going to do full scale reviews as I am sure you have already read all about this months box or already have opinions on your own box, so here is a little rundown.




Anatomicals - Don't just clean it woman, scrub it body scrub. (rrp £3.49)

I found this to be a nicely grapefruit scented scrub, quite gel like in texture, almost like a shower gel with added 'grit'!  I'm used to using a more heavy duty scrub and didn't think this would do much, but I was very surprised and it left my skin feeling supersoft.


Yves Rocher - Instant Anti-Wrinkle Moisturiser (rrp £18)

Well I didn't notice any instant dissolving of any wrinkles! This is a very nice moisturiser with a fresh smell.  A little goes a long way which I found after putting too much on and ending up with a very sticky face!!! Not a good look!




Skinetica - Anti-Blemish (rrp £6.99)

Not sure how much use I will get out of this product.  I'm not prone to breakouts and when I do get a spot I tend to leave it.  Will have to wait and see how my skin reacts to this next time I have a blemish.


Green People - Organic Self Tan (rrp £18.95)

I'm a big lover of self tan but as yet to try this one out.  It claims to have no 'biscuit smell', can't wait to see if this is true.




Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure (rrp £6.99)

I got lucky and got the shade Black Platinum, which is great for this time of year.  The only downside is it is quite similar to my beloved essie - power clutch which I love with a passion, so I couldn't help but compare the shade to that.

I was very keen to see how this worked as it states it's a base coat, strengthener, growth treatment, colour and top coat in one bottle.  I am a base coat, two coats of polish and a top coat kinda gal so I was hoping I would be able to cut out a coat or two, but to be honest I needed at least 3 coats of this and could have possibly done with a fourth if I'm honest.  So although it has the complete package in one bottle, I still needed as many coats as I would normally use.

That said, I liked it.  It's lasted pretty well, about the same as the other polishes I use.  The photo above is about 3 days into wear and it's just starting to go around the edges but yep I would re-purchase.

I know there is much debate about value for money in Glossybox, but I've been subscribed for a year and there has probably only been 1 maybe 2 boxes where I thought I wasn't getting value for money and I like the fact I get to try out products I wouldn't normally have picked up in the shops.

So what did you think of October's Glossybox?

2 comments:

  1. The nail polish looks really nice! I really like sally hansen products :)

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely Perla, has a nice silvery-blue shimmer to it! I think I will get alot of wear out of it this winter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!