Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year - here's to 2013!

So another new year rolls around.  Hard to believe we are in 2013 already, it seems like only yesterday everyone was panicking that the world would 'crash' on millenium eve! Time really does appear to speed up the older you get, believe me!  Last night for us was a quiet one.  We had family over, a warming beef dish in the slow cooker, old fashioned board games and laughs a plenty and I was so very thankful to share my New Year's Eve with some of the people I love the most in the world.

1st January 2013 dawned bright and sunny, the first dry, blue-skied day we have had in...I don't know how long.  Mr B.P. was desperate to go to the beach, so we loaded up the car, took the hound and set off.  Unfortunately so did half of the west country - our favourite beach was PACKED!!! But it was great, saying Daisy loves the beach is a total understatement, she is beyond excited when she gets her paws into sand and there was so much going on and so many people and other dogs to greet, that she is now lying pooped on the sofa!
The beautiful Dorset coastline
The older I've become the less likely I am to make New Year resolutions.  As fantastic as they are, I sometimes think we put ourselves under so much pressure to achieve certain things in the coming year that we end up not living in the present and we get despondent when we don't achieve all of which we set out to do when we gaily made those resolutions.
Erosion on the coastline

Sure I want to do/see/achieve things in 2013.  I feel it is very important as humans that we continue to grow and learn, but this year I will be kind on myself.  I promise to just be as kind as I can to others, to laugh more, to stop rushing through life so much and instead notice the wonder of the world we live it - it can be truly outstanding, and finally to spend less money.  That is it.  Simple, attainable goals.
Blackened driftwood on the shoreline
Mr B.P. and I do need to reign in our spending this year.  Don't get me wrong we aren't frivolous individuals but we probably do spend more money on 'stuff' we just don't need, I know I am 'guilty as charged'.  We'd really like to move house in the next couple of years so saving money towards that will be the goal.
Beach huts at Studland
So whatever your plans, goals, aspirations or resolutions for 2013, I wish you the very best.  I wish for you health, happiness and peace.  I also hope you will stick around with me and follow my little blog as it grows throughout 2013.

Lastly I will leave you with this photo of Daisy.  She was a bit flummoxed when we came to a small stream which bi-sected the path we were on.  She eventually jumped it! (The stream is just out of shot).
My girl

Happy New Year!

16 comments:

  1. Happy new year! I nominated you for the Liebster award on my blog :)

    http://conceptofbudd.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you Georgia, thanks so much for nominating me!

      Delete
  2. Happy new year. Thanks for your comment on my Christmas blog. I hope Christmas was a little less painful for you this year and that 2013 is good to you xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! You are more than welcome, your blog is amazing. Christmas was definitely less painful this year x

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year Kay!! I wish you all the best for 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!
    Daisy is a cutie! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure is, but don't be fooled she can be a stubborn little bugger at times! Happy New Year! x

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos! Wishing you a very happy New Year Kay:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely posts and lovely photos! Happy New Year! I don't really set myself resolutions, just to save money which usually fails :p Daisy is soooo cute x

    just-a-thought-natalie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both Natalie, I am terrible with money :( But this year saving is my one and only resolution! Don't be fooled by the cuteness of Daisy, she is a menace in a fur coat!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!