Pages

Monday 14 January 2013

Michael's Original washing up scraper - Natures Health Box


Out of the four products I was sent by Natures Health Box. This is my absolute favourite.  I have never seen anything like it before! I already have family and friends saying "GET ME ONE OF THOSE NOW!!!!!!"

Michael's Original state their Washing Up Scraper is an ingenious, traditional use for the outer husk of a coconut that is ideal for removing baked-on food from pans and baking trays without scratching.  Proven over generations, the Scraper has a blade-like edge at the front and a fibrous surface underneath which acts like a scrubbing brush.


I say, where have you been all my life?! Here I am fawning over what is a simple kitchen aid and I feel slightly nuts writing in this way about it, but this is my new love. I cannot extol the virtue of this enough.  I like many, have lots of baked on pans in my household, it appears to come with the same people who leave their sticky little finger prints everywhere, so I regular use one of those plastic handled scrubbing brushes/pan scourers/brillo pads. Yes they do the job they are designed for but I HATE HATE HATE the way food particles get trapped in them.  Urgh it is making me shudder just writing about it.  None of that with this ingenious little tool.  Originally I thought Oh this might be a bit of a fad/get wet and soggy/relegated to the bottom of my under sink cupboard but no, it takes pride of place atop my kitchen sink!  I find it just the right shape to fit my palm and it cuts through baked on food the same as any leading scrubbing brush/pan scourer/brillo pad would but the very best bits are; not only does it not collect food particles in it, but it dries out super quickly ready for it's next use and when the edge starts to fray you just take your scissors and trim it and hey presto it's like new again (albeit a little shorter!)


Without sounding like a mad woman too much, this is probably one of the best things to grace my humble kitchen and what a simple simple totally simple idea it is.


This is fantastic! Would I buy this? What do you think?!!!

You can buy Michael's Original Washing Up Scraper here.

Alternatively you can view all of Natures Health Box products here.

Readers of my blog can claim a 10% discount on their order with Natures Health Box by entering the code: BLOGTASTIC2013
Valid until midnight on the last day of January 2013 on all products excluding postage and existing promotions and offers.

*Disclaimer - I was sent this product by Natures Health Box free of charge for review.  I was not paid for this post and all views are my own.





10 comments:

  1. All their products sound great Kay but think this scraper is a fab idea!!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is Anne, I've been using it over a month and have only had to trim it a couple of times. I think it will have a lot of life in it!

      Delete
  2. My Mom would love this, one of her birthday presents sorted!

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, make sure you get her some swanky hand cream to go with it Sam for after she's cleaned all the pots and pans ;)

      Delete
  3. I think secretly I would love this let alone my mum. I get so frustrated with the washing up haha.

    Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I've has Ostrich too, but never Kangaroo. What is it like? The Zebra was nice, but I have to admit, it didn't have a distictive taste, as in, I wouldnt have questioned my food if someone had told me it was beef!

    I think its so sad that building work is just coming along and destroying all the natural greenery we have left, and there isn't much left! I've since found out the that horse feild close to me is being built on too, although Im not sure who would want to buy a house there, when behind it the banks caving in!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure helps with the scrubbing of those pots and pans, anything which frees me up more time to blog and read blogs is a winner in my book! :)

      Kangaroo is really nice, very tender, great cooked on the b-b-q and makes really nice kebabs. It's a very lean meat, as you can imagine and like your comments on Zebra it doesn't have a particularly distinct taste, just yummy! x

      Delete
  4. I have a little odd piece of plastic I bought for a couple dollars somewhere for this exact purpose... and I love it!

    Followed.

    Mia @ miabella-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how the simpler the product the more useful it is isn't it!

      Delete
  5. This sounds fantastic! Thanks for the review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their products have been really good to review haven't they (loved reading yours!) x

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!