Pages

Monday 21 January 2013

I like..........

..........making my husband laugh
..........spending time with my siblings, they are two of the nicest people I know
..........long hot bubble baths
..........the first gentle rays of sun on my back after a long winter as you know Spring is on her way
..........a glass of red
..........a cool cotton dress on a hot summers day
..........straight white teeth
..........the feel of sand between my toes
..........monthly lunch dates with my Sis-in-law - she just gets me
..........my dogs gentle snores
..........scented candles
..........sitting on a park bench and just people watching
..........the feel of wood (keep it clean people, keep it clean)
..........chocolate, any but milk is best
..........builders tea, white with one please!
..........reading in bed
..........mashed potato
..........manners
........clean, crisp sheets
..........history
..........the fact we have this invention called the internet so I can connect with some wonderful people via social media (yep that means you lot and your blogs/tweets)
..........walking hand in hand
..........painting - walls and furniture not art
..........the fact that although my best friend now lives 12,000 miles away, she instinctively knows when I need her close
..........the little chirrup noise my cat makes when he jumps on the bed
..........getting lost in a bookshop (figuratively speaking, not literally!)
..........a good walk on a frosty clear day
..........peace and quiet
..........date nights at the cinema
..........handwritten letters
..........red hair with brown eyes
..........daisies in my lawn, I see them not as a weed but as a bonus flower
..........lewd, crude and rude jokes
..........roast dinners
..........my own company
   

What do you like? I'd love to know!   
    

28 comments:

  1. I think you have covered nearly all my likes here Kay! Have a good week:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!x
    growing my own veggies and having fresh lettuce all summer
    walks by the seashore
    my first skinny latte of the day
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I could add those to my list Sandra with the exception of a full fat latte! x

      Delete
  3. I love this post Kay - quite a few of my likes there too! Me and my two siblings fought like cat and dog(s) when we were young but get on so well now - must be old age! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how often I hear that Jenny, how siblings don't get along as little ones but grow up to be the best of buddies. Glad you and your siblings get along so well now x

      Delete
  4. I like straight white teeth too. I have a bit of a not pick about teeth. They have to be nice, clean and preferably straight, its just one of the first things I notice about people.
    I'm afraid though hun, its dark chocolate all the way for me! :)
    And manners- yes! Could not agree more!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd take the dark chocolate if it was the only option Laura ;) Straight teeth is also one of the first things I notice about people! x

      Delete
    2. Ah see, I really really want to try Lindts 99% chocolate! But they only sell it in Selfridges I think, and I'm not near either.
      Although that might be too extreme for even my dark chocolate taste buds! :)
      x

      Delete
    3. Ooooh 99% that's going to be bitter lol!

      Delete
  5. Great list, i should do something similar! Haha in the list you sound like me in so many way, painting wall not art, yup that me and the wonderful invention of the internet so i can connect with lovely people such as you. Have a great day. xx

    http://www.annanuttall.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to read your list Anna, perhaps it should become a tag! x

      Delete
  6. Soo much in common. Ahh roast dinners would definitely have to be near the top mind (definitely makes my sunday). Lovely down to earth post! Keep em comin!

    Mel x
    http://melonistaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks Mel. Sunday wouldn't be Sunday without a roast now would it! x

      Delete
  7. Hi Kay - such a lovely list! I could certainly share a lot of those with you, including sandy toes, roast dinners, good manners, browsing book shops and chocolate to name but a few. I also love learning all about my toddler Luca, having a day out with my little family, walking my dog Alfie in the countryside, swimming underneath the sunshine and paddling in the sea and WHITE hot chocolate - have you tried that yet?

    :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. White hot chocolate, now I've seen this about a bit, I might just have to try it! I should imagine Luca amazes you everyday, he sure looks like a little cutie :) x

      Delete
  8. Hi Kay, what a wonderful list! There were more than a few of your items that would make my list too! History, roast dinners, daisies in the grass and a glass of red are also some of my favourite things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do your own list, I'd love to read it!

      Delete
  9. Such a lovely list! I see daisies as bonus flowers too! They always make me smile when I see them! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorgeous little flowers aren't they! x

      Delete
  10. I like many things but... My list would be probably shorter than yours! Great post, x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post

    1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lovely list and a lovely blog - coming late to it Kay but am finally here!

    I like the smell of horses noses, just behind their nostrils.
    I like watching nature programmes with my children, snuggled and in awe
    I like the sea on a winters day, I like feeling small

    .... and I too absolutely LOVE daisies in the lawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great likes there Sarah! I like feeling small too :)

      Delete
  13. This list was so lovely to read, more of these please!
    I like to read lists ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!